Sunday 20 May 2007

ATOM vs RSS feeds - on javablogs

I recently added my blog to javablogs and provided my ATOM feed as it seems to be the new de facto "standard" for feeds.

I wondered why my blog entries only contained the header and not a small resume of my blog entries.

I switched to use my RSS as my feed and suddenly the resume was there?
To be sure I switched back to the ATOM feed format and the resume was gone again.

Knowing little about the ATOM and RSS feed formats it still seems that javablogs haven't got a proper interpretation of ATOM feeds. At least not for the ATOM feeds provided by blogger.com.

I have created this issue i JIRA.

Do you have a blog on blogger.com and encounter the same behavior, try providing your RSS feed for javablogs instead:
http://<your-blogname>.blogspot.com/rss.xml

No comments: